Gum Swollen
My gums are swollen a little and they bleed every time I brush my teeth (the foam is all red). I have had this problem for 2-3 months. What is the reason and cure for this?

Dr. Ketan K Revanwar
Dental Surgeon 4 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

This is called gingivitis. This is because of poor oral hygiene. There is plaque and possibly calculus around the tooth and gingiva which causes inflammation and infection of gingiva and therefore your gums are swollen and bleeding.. The only cure to this is maintaining good oral hygiene which includes proper brushing, use of mouthwash, gargling after meals and breakfasts and regular dental checkups..
Archana Betur
Pediatric Dentist 4 yrs exp Bangalore
Bleeding n swollen gums r the signs of gingival inflammation ... Do visit a dentist n get scaling done soon n then massage ur gums well... N use mouthwash for sometime... Start brushing twice daily... Keep ur oral hygiene well to avoid such things in the future...
Dr. Raja Sekhar
Dentist 24 yrs exp Hyderabad
It is an indication of gum disease, u need dental check up depending on the stage of disease, simple scaling (teeth cleaning), root planing, or laser deep cleaning, or flap surgery may be advised, Pl visit ur nearby dentist for clinical examination
Dr. Anish Goyal
Dentist 7 yrs exp Gurgaon
Hi, deposition of plaque and calculus around teeth cause gum inflammation, which leads to swelling, bleeding and pain in gums. You need to visit a dentist and get scaling and cleaning done for removal calculus from teeth. Also use a soft brush and rinse with lukewarm water with pinch of salt. It will help in reducing guns inflammation. Take care.