Gum problem

She is pregnant 5mnt sudden gum ache since last night unbearable pain plz help Unable to eat or do anything

Doctor Answers (2) on Gum problem

Please see your dentist immediately. She will have to go through scaling under medications
Dr. J M Farzan Chennai | Pediatric Dentist
I hope you are not in too much pain. Sore and swollen gums, which may be susceptible to bleeding, are common during pregnancy. This inflammation of the gums is called pregnancy gingivitis. Hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause increase in the blood flow to the gums and cause your gums to be more sensitive, irritable, and swollen. More plaque accumulation between teeth can increase the symptoms leading to Periodontitis. You can use mouthwashes to reduce the infection and inflammation for palliative relief of pain. I would suggest that you should consult a Periodontist (Speciality dentist whi takes care of gum problem). I hope this helps. If you have any more doubts please do not hesitate to ask me. Get well soon.