Gap in teeth after scaling
Today I had scaling to my teeths however after scaling done I could see small gap in my front teeth , may I know what could be the chances for this and how to remidiate that?. Thanks Pratham

Welcome to practo.. The calculus are present between teeth.. After scaling the calculus are removed and gap is seen.. Wait for two weeks, the gingiva will cover the gap , if it's a small gap.. Consult me for further details.. Thank you.
avoid hot and cold foods for three days..

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
Hi Pratham, This is the most common thing people realize after getting a scaling done. Good on you to have noticed this. Rest assured there is nothing to worry about. The space between teeth that you feel after scaling is very natural. Since there was tartar/ Calculus in the area, the space is created. Once the cleaning is done, the space closes by itself. Let’s say it’s the mechanism of the body to cope changes in your mouth. Thanks, Dr. Shazaan
If it’s sensitive, try some desensitizing toothpaste Avoid extremes of Temperature for a 3-4 days
Start flossing and using mouthwash from now. Your next dental visit will show remarkable difference in hygiene
Hello the gaps are because all the deposits stuck to your teeth have been removed . That space will eventually be occupied by your gums in a couple of weeks . Until then if there is sensitivity you can use desensitising paste . Regards
Don,t worry The space will cover by your gums after few days. You just start gargle of warm water with some salt and apply STOLEN gum paint in upper teeth in downward direction and in lower teeth upward direction.