Frenectomy

I have braces and have never had a gap between my incisors. My doctor did the surgery. I'm hoping that it wasn't just for nothing and there's a reason behind it. Is there a need for frenectomy even when you don't have gap between incisors?

Doctor Answers (3) on Frenectomy

Dr. M. R. Pujari
12 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Dentist

INR 100 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hi.. High frenum attachment is a also a cause for spacing between upper incisors. To prevent space opening again in future, doctor usually advises for frenectomy. There is no harm in undergoing. It will give you good result. Go ahead. Regards
Dr. Mukesh K Asrani
11 yrs. of exp | Ahmedabad | Oral Medicine and Radiology
Hi, if you have a photograph of your frenum before surgery, we can give you the right opinion. It seems that you were well explained before the surgery. And yes, if the frenum attachment is high, frenectomy is required even though there is no gap between the central incisors. Regards
Dr. Rahul Kalra
21 yrs. of exp | Chandigarh | Dentist
If you have a high frenal atrachment chances of developing midline diastema after braces increase. So if high frenal attachment is present, its best to do frenectomy which is a simple procedure.