After braces issue
Dear Dentist, I had a 4mm gap between my front tooth. Wore braces for 6months and got it removed yesterday. I still have a gap of 1mm between the tooth. Will get the retainers on in 2-3days. Please advice if with retainers the remaining gap will close. As am unhappy with the results, I wanted to get whole 4mm gap completely closed. Kindly advice.

Dr. Puja Bansal
Dentist 18 yrs exp Pune

hello, the remaining 1mm gap can not be closed by retainers. you need to speak to your dentist for it.
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, Mam,the retainers may not close the gap.you need to visit a cosmetic dentist to get the gaps closed with either veneers or cosmetic fillings. Dr Suman makam
Dr. Yatharth Bhatia
Dentist 13 yrs exp Gurgaon
Hi Usually braces should actually fully close your gap. If it's not closing with braces you should probably take a second opinion Retainers though might close 1-2 mm of gap but that gap will reoccur after you leave the retainers. Regards
Dr. Bala Vignesh
Dentist 5 yrs exp Chennai
Hello.. I am surprised to hear your Orthodontic treatment got over in jus 6 months.. Anyways coming to your question... U don't have to be worried, the gap wil be closed using a retainer.. ask ur dentist to make a Essex retainer from your post treatment model for upper and fixed lower retainer.. Please note that retainers are usually charged extra and doesn't come under your treatment charges...
Dr. Sindhu Vijaykumar
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi. The gap could be could be due to a thick fleshy frenum or mucosa(soft tissue) going between your front teeth which is quite common in  such case. It will need to be addressed . Please consult your orthodontists regarding the same . Post that there are variety of Cosmetic options to close the gap. Hope that helped.
Dr. Shruti Joshi
Dentist 17 yrs exp Thane
Hi,Retainers will not close the gap but there are various method to close it like cosmetic filling ,cap or veneers but before going for it consult your Orthodontist to check whether he can close the gap or take second opinion.
Dr. Gautam Agarwal
Dentist 9 yrs exp Delhi
Hi. Retainers will not be able to close the gap at all. Please talk to your orthodontist for other options to close the gap. These may include veneers, ortho appliances or frenectomy.