Foot Ankle twisted and got swollen
Foot ankle got twisted a week back, which got swollen, it's almost  a week now, it pains but can be tolerable, while doing  day to day household activities it will swell more as in photo attached, but it's not getting down, Currently crep bandage is used with hot fermantaion around foot ankle, please let me know if anything that needs to be addressed as D ar not available at this situation,. Response to this is very much appreciated, For your reference, had BP, Sugar which are under control, BP around 125/80, and sugar grbs 108 before breakfast. Please suggest any medications.

ATFL LIGAMENT TEAR U NEED TO CONSULT WITH ME DIRECTLY THROUGH PRACTO DR SANDEEP SARAF AGARWAL
Kindly ask to take APPOINTMENT through the following link https://www.practo.com/visakhapatnam/doctor/sandeep-saraf-agarwal-orthopedist?cache_refresh=true
Take a XRAY.....plz CONSULT WITH ME after xray.....
Hello I understand you have swelling and pain following the episode of twisting of ankle a week back The swelling in the photo looks quite remarkable and significant. I would advice you to get an xray done at nearest possible hospital or xray centre and share your xray with me on online consultation. Till then it is advisable to avoid walking or putting weight on the affected foot to avoid any displacement of a possible hairline fracture. Some helpful tips till you get further investigation 1. Avoid putting full weight and avoid walking for long time 2. Cold fomentation to reduce swelling 3. Medications for control of pain and swelling (Consult online with me for official prescription) 4. Keep the affected leg elevated on support Consult directly with me, your orthopaedic doctor, through Practo for detail history, discussion and treatment plan. Here we can chat or can also do audio or video consultation for detailed management. Take appointment for thorough prescription and consultation. https://www.practo.com/mumbai/doctor/chintan-doshi-orthopedist/consult
Consult directly with me, your orthopaedic doctor, through Practo for detail history, discussion and treatment plan. Here we can chat or can also do audio or video consultation for detailed management. Take appointment for thorough prescription and consultation. Visit the following link for online consultation: https://www.practo.com/mumbai/doctor/chintan-doshi-orthopedist/consult
Avoid putting weight. Cold fomentation. Keep elevation
Hi, I can understand your condition in this lockdown. Ankle twist leads to pain and swelling, it may be because of : 1) soft tissue injury like ligament, around the bones (most common) 2) minor fracture However, she is able to do her regular work, so chances of fracture is very less. She is also hypertensive and diabetic. On medications, they are controlled.
1) Avoid prolonged standing or walking at present, give rest to the ankle. 2) Ice compression (Barf se sikai). 3) Elevate the ankle. For prescribing drugs and other, I need to know more about her like any previous reports. You can consult me online at Practo, so that full treatment can be done. But till then you can give her Tab. Ultracet three times in a day after food. Best Wishes. #SayNoToPain