Ankle twist and swelling

While on scoo ter taking a left turn .my scooter slipped.entire weight of scooter fell on my left leg. Happened on 14.09.16. First aid done after by self reaching home in a taxi on same day/night. 1.applied plenty of ice bags around pain areas viz.left leg ancle and knee areas. 2.applied volini spray and crepe bandage. 3.had combiflam one tablet. Condition now as on 15.09.16. 1.lower limb from knee to toes are swollen and stiff. 2.Able to walk without any support with crepe bandage around left leg ankle area. 3.pain is not there but swelling still there. Kindly advice further course of action. Thanks and best regards.

Doctor Answers (2) on Ankle twist and swelling

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Stretch Calves Get a custom made insole. Hams Stretching. Sports Taping. Hot Fomentation.
It is most likely that you have sprained your ankle. If pain is reducing its unlikely that you have any bony issues. If pain does return do not hesitate to visit the nearest ortho surgeon who can order an xray to rule out bony injuries.

For swelling to reduce, you may keep your feet elevated over two pillows at all times. This also means that you should not be walking around for atleast 3 days. Ideally a boot will help keep the swelling down, immobilize the area and help in walking as well. If swelling persists beyond 5 days an ortho surgeon can help in ordering a boot for you.

Continuing combiflam for a few more days will help keep pain under control and reduce the swelling as well.