Flat head syndrome

Hello, my 3.5 months baby girl is having a little flat head at the back. I hope this is because she sleeps on her back always. Could you let me know what is the best home remedy to make her head round? Please let me know if any additional precautions need to be taken to prevent it again.

Dr. Sreenath S Manikanti
Pediatrician 22 yrs exp Bangalore

Agree with Dr Trupti. Don't worry about the shape of the head as long as the head is growing well. By 2 years usually it gets corrected. Always sleep the baby on its back, its the safest position.
Dr. Trupti Shetty
Pediatrician 10 yrs exp Pune

As you rightly mentioned, it could be due to continuously sleeping on the back. It does not have any effects on brain growth and development as such. If u are worried because of cosmetic reasons, U can try making her sleep in other positions,  but only under strict supervision Safest is to make her sleep in a cloth jhoola,  that helps at times