Feeling totally down.

I don't know from where to start. I m almost low all the day. I just sleep whole day bcoz when I m awake I just think about the situation n feel bad n istantly cry. Previously I was working but from the last two months I m not working n m not able to get a proper job of my kind n this feeling is making me worthless day by day. I feel like running from my home husband n everything. I have been married for the last 2 n half years. I feel too lonely even if he is wid me. I m not happy physically n mentally both from him. I cannot discuss problems wid him infact I have no one to discuss. Nd the worst part is right now I want to start family but husband is not at all instested. I was a gal of high ambition but now I feel shattered daily each moment. Feel like running away from present situation. Please help me..please

Doctor Answers (3) on Feeling totally down.

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Please immediately  consult a Marriage counsellor / Psychologist.
I suggest  you both visit a counsellor and under the real problem and get it resolved.
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, from your detailed description it is clear that you are suffering from Depression. Feeling low all the time, crying spells, feeling sleepy whole day , thinking negatively about the situation and feelings of worthlessness could all be part of the Depression. You seem overwhelmed by life stresses like lack of suitable job, differences between you and your husband and having had high ambition but being unable to match up to it in reality. In my opinion please do consult a Psychiatrist. You will definitely improve with medication. Following that you can undergo counseling to improve your coping skills and to get clarity on the situation. You need to understand that Depression affects your mood as well as your perceptions and hence everything looks and feels as if it is insurmountable. However, with treatment you can get clarity on your perceptions and make positive changes in your life. So do consult a Psychiatrist . Hope this helps, All the Best!
Dr. Akshata Bhat Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Loss of interest, decreased concentration and attention, feeling low and disturbed sleep or appetite are some of the signs of depression. Consult a psychiatrist who will assess you in detail. If you are feeling suicidal or hopeless, seek professional help immediately.
Try some relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation and deep breathing. Indulge in hobbies. Spend time with people close to you.

Try to put up your résumés or CV on as many job sites as possible. Most of them are free so it will not cost you anything. It is possible that since you may not have significant experience, you may have to take a simpler job with less pay. However do not despair. Everyone has to start somewhere. The important thing is to start a job somewhere, get experience, then you can upgrade to a better job. At the se time, if possible, do some additional courses that will help to strengthen your resume. Also confide in someone you trust and spend time with family and friends. This will help you reduce your stress. If you feel suicidal consult a psychiatrist immediately.
Try to involve a family member or friend to arrange a mediation between both of you. If that does not work, consult a counselor or psychiatrist.