Fear, hallucination

After my aunt(in-law) passed away, it's been 2 months, I can't sleep properly at night, woke up in the middle of the night, sometimes hallucinate things, sometimes a fear grasp me, I used to put a pillow to cover my face and then slowly I fall asleep, any kind of noise at that time don't allow me to fall asleep again. I do smoke and drink occasionally.

Doctor Answers (2) on Fear, hallucination

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, based on your timeline of symptoms surfacing and considering that this has never happened to you before, clearly something regarding that incident is bothering you. But this might not seem to be obvious to you as consciously you are not thinking about the same and your routine or logic isn't disturbed that gravely. So probably on a subconscious or an unconscious level, there is an anxiety associated to the death of your aunt. You need to explore this in depth through counseling. Based on your assessment in the session, it can be pondered further whether you need medications as well or not. Please do get in touch with a counselor soon so that you can sleep peacefully.
K V Anand Palakkad | Clinical Psychologist
Dear user. In your case the fear and hallucinations are part of anxiety disorder. You could be shocked or worried about the death which translated into anxiety disorder. What was the age of the diseased person? Was the death unnatural? As the anxiety disorder is in its initial stages, counseling and psychotherapy can help you. Please post a detailed question to me. I will help you. Don't worry. Can be cured completely without medicines. Take care