Prolonged working on laptop/TV/mobile can cause computer vision syndrome. Computer vision syndrome is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer or other display device for, uninterrupted periods of time. Some symptoms of cvs include
b blurred vision
c. Neck pain
d redness in the eyes
e. Eye strain
f dry eyes
sometimes watery eyes
these symptoms can be further aggravated by improper lighting conditions.
Measures to reduce this include
1. Work under proper light.
2. Blink a lot.
3. Cold compresses
4. Use good lubricating eyedrop
These might be symptoms of dry eye syndrome. Some tips to take care of your eyes:
1. Limit your laptop work to 6 or less hours.
2. Take frequent breaks @ work...for very 1 hour of computer work that yu do, take a 5 minute break.
3. During this 5 min break, try to move away from your work station, drink plaenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. Massage your eye with knuckles and resume your work.
4. Tear substitute or ocular lubricant eyedrops are useful.
5. Try to keep the illumination of ur laptop to minimum.
6. You can wear spectacles with antiglare, antireflective coat with UV protection coating.
Hope this helps.
consult an eye specialist for evaluation of dry eye status.