Eye pressure and sight

I am using steriods(wyslone 20 mg) from Last 45 days,yesterday I went to hospital and checked ,now my eye pressure is 28,she told me because steriods use the eye pressure is increased once you stopped steriods usage then it will come down,please sir what can I do now,do I need any further evaluation. Also eye pain is getting please advise prescription for relief.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello Please don't panic 1. For which disease r u using steroids? 2. If you can stop it, pressure will come down automatically 3. If u can't stop it due to some systemic disease...then u can start antiglaucoma medicines after consulting local opthalmologist
Dr. Ram Nath
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 32 yrs exp Delhi
Yes it is cause of concern. Show to any glaucoma specialist nearby urgently.
Y Siva Kumar
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 28 yrs exp Hyderabad
You will need urgent medication, after evaluation by an ophthalmologist. High eye pressure due to any cause, even for a period of 24 hours, can cause permanent damage to the optic nerve (vision nerve). After verifying the reasons for your steroid usage, you may have to them as well. We should not prescribe medicines in this forum. It is illegal.
Dr. Harsha
Hi there...for which condition are you taking steroids like wysolone 20mg?? The ophthalmologist is correct. It is wysolone that is causing raised intra ocular pressure. One of the common side effects is it raises intra ocular pressure, that is, glaucoma. It will usually come back to normal, once the drug is stopped. Your pain could also be related to the raised intra ocular pressure. So kindly consult the doctor who started you on wysolone and inform them regarding the raised intra ocular pressure. They might then decide to reduce the dose of possible. Also you can consult the ophthalmologist for further evaluation regarding eye pain.