Emotional feel

I was very emotional n sensitive person few years back I used to get tears fr small things like wen my frns doesn't spk with me but now days no tears cm frm eyes..even wen I saw my close frn dead I couldn't cry..sometimes I feel lik crying loudly but I m nt able to I feel sad fr things but nt able to cry

Doctor Answers (2) on Emotional feel

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Tears are not the only way of expressing emotional turmoil. We tend to express emotions even through activities we take up or in a different form. For instance you might be expressing sadness or helplessness as anger and frustration. I see that you were overwhelmed by self-pity and helplessness in yesteryears. However eventually some things have changed you and altered your handling and expression of emotions. Please focus on those years and evaluate every thing that has changed so far. Irrespective of tears, if you feel worse than those years now, seek professional help(from a psychologist or psychiatrist) else recognize that you have been successful in changing your life for better so far. Good Luck.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....you are getting acclimatised to environment. You can do nothing on it... Some don't cry that doesn't mean they haven't felt bad... Moreover its not a psychiatric issue ...try to accept the fact and live with it ... You are just becoming more practical . ......