Elbow Hurts
I do home gyming. So mostly I work on my biceps using dumbbells. Last month I my elbow started hurting like it used to hurt when I used to fold my elbow. Most of the ppl suggested that don't exert ur elbow or it can damage ur elbow for more n it will give problems. So I stopped. Now after 1 month I started again n today the second day of light workout still my elbow started hurting again. Why is this happening n what should I do to make it stop n have a proper workout ?

Dr. Dimple Kapasi (PT)
Physiotherapist 14 yrs exp Mumbai

You are young, you might be doing exercises the wrong way Try with lesser weight and do the dumbbells with proper posture Wrong techniques increases the pain so use expert opinions
Dr. Deepak Tamrakar (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Durg

Pain due exercise usally seen in DOMS ( delay onset muscle soreness) which should be treated by physio only not by your self for complet healing. Proper clincal examination is needed to solve this issue. Till than dont do biceps training. At home can do only iceing 3-5 times in a day for 5 min sould be kept without removing it will give pain relief. Then give gentle stretch for biceps.
Dr. Raviraj Francis (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello there,,,,well how often do you work out sometimes overdoing things or picking up weights in faulty posture can lead to certain problems in and around shoulder,elbow and wrist... wher exactly do you have pain at your elbow...is it the side wher your thumb is or is it wher your little finger lies....most probably it would be a tennis or golfers elbow wher u have swelling of your tendons around elbow jt..however it should not bother you for more than a month...were you taking any medicines for the same or just resting the part... if the problem is nagging you then you need to have prescription medicines along with sessions of Physiotherapy to recover completly.considering your weight and height have a nutritious and balanced diet...refrain from unnecessary suppliments...and dont exert too much in gym as that would not be a very ideal scenario for you to gain weight. Regards & take care
Dr. Saurabh Bhalla
Occupational Therapist 6 yrs exp Delhi
doing biceps won't make your elbow hurt. but over using cellular devices or activities which keeps your elbow bent over 90 degrees will make them hurt. I advice not to bend your elbow. and decrease your phone / cellular device usage or while using your devices make sure that your elbow is supported such as on the table top, you may also consult an Occupational Therapist nearby your area.
consult an occupational Therapist as soon as possible and follow the precautions that are mentioned
STAY HEALTHY
Dr. Divya Ahuja
Orthopedic Surgeon Mumbai
you may have sprained the ligaments or may have injured one of the muscle groups around the elbow. This could even be a tennis elbow kind of issue, which would be clear once you have been examined.
you should see an Orthopedic surgeon and get yourself examined
switch to lighter weights and continue range of motion exercises till you see an Orthopedic surgeon.