Eating problem

Hi Doctor, My Son is 3 yrs old and he does not eat by his hand and is very fussy about food. It's not that he does't know how to hold a spoon and eat. But jus lazy to eat looks like and does't love to have food. I feed him by telling some stories, etc.

Doctor Answers (1) on Eating problem

Dr. Tejender Kaur Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi This is a very common problem. I might sound harsh, you need to leave him by himself. Do not feed him. Sit in front of him N have your food very patiently and ignore him. He himself will come to eat by himself. It's all about behavioural change for him as well as You as a parent At times we overpamper our kids and these kids are smart enough to take advantahe. The only thing to keep in mind is that your child is not sluggish, is playful and Happy...you can go easy with these steps but if he is lazy, cranky and down with energy, its a matter of concern Prepare things that he likes Cut fruits on different shapes Laddo n chikki can help Colourful idlis Noodles Chapattus of different shapes will help him attract his attention towards food. For further consulation pls register at http://ghkritediet.zest.md or call me