Ear hurts after planeride
My ear has a slight pain after a recent plane ride. It is just one ear (the right one). Along with the slight pain in the ear, there is also a mild pain on the right side of the head. It has been one day and the pain has been quite consistent, but not too troubling. What can I do do solve this?

Dr. D.Vidyasagar
Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialist 11 yrs exp Hyderabad

This is called Barotrauma due to pressure difference in air travel .Visit an ENT surgeon .
Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
Otologist/ Neurotologist 31 yrs exp Kolkata

It may be due to OME or ASOM. You should consult a good ENT doctor to find out exactly what you are suffering from. The treatment will follow accordingly.