Do I need supplements?
I am 44, just wanted to know which supplements I can take to prevent knee problems later? And do I need to take any other supplements too? Thanks

Dr. Rajat Jangir
Orthopedist 8 yrs exp Jaipur
It is not the supplements which may avoid your knee problem.  You need to start physiotherapy in term of static quadriceps exercise, reduce weight, activity modification.  If you are symptomatic you can take rosehip extract (cap rosiflex) twice a day.  Other supplements are available like collagen, dycerien glucosamine, none of them proved to be beneficial. It is the combination of supplements and physiotherapy which may avoid your knee problem in longer perspective.  Regards