Disc has been dislocated

In my xray the doctor said that my spine disc has been dislocated.and give me advice for complete bed rest for 10 days. Is my disc will relocate to its position by having complete bed rest without any physiotherapy?

Doctor Answers (4) on Disc has been dislocated

Dr. Chirag Dalal
8 yrs. of exp | Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon

INR 700 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hi. To get things right you can't comment on disc prolapse on Xray. Do you get any tingling sensations or just pain. If prolonged then get mri done after consulting an orthopedic surgeon.
Dr. Priyanka Bhati
16 yrs. of exp | Faridabad | Physiotherapist

INR 400 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello friend The answer to your question is no. Disc can never go back to its original position with rest or exercise. Rest helps in reducing inflammation,relives the nerve compression to certain extent and there by pain relief. Go for MRI to get confirm about your injury or disc problem. After the picture of your back is clear solution can be found out. Please don't do any exercise without knowing the exact situation.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani
21 yrs. of exp | Noida | Physiotherapist

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Avoid bending in front. Postural Correction- Sit Tall, Walk Tall. Extension Exercises x 15 times x twice daily - lying on tummy, take left arm up for 3 seconds, then bring it down, right arm up for 3 seconds, bring down. Bring right leg up, hold for 3 seconds, bring it down. Then right leg Apply Hot Fomentation twice daily. up and hold for 3 seconds and bring it down. Repeat twice a day- 10 times. Bhujang Asana -- Lie flat on your stomach, keeping the palms out, bend the neck backward, take a deep breath and while holding it for 6 seconds, raise the chest up. Release breath and relax your body. Repeat the exercise 15 times twice daily. Core Strengthening Exercises- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day.
Dr. Harsha
Bangalore | General Physician
No ,bulged disc cannot be relocated by any means.... If you rest for some days you can avoid bulged disc pressing nerve root there by reduce symptoms.... If the prolapse is mild doctor will advice you physiotherapy, if it doesn't work and pain in severe surgery is the final option... kindly consult a neurosurgeon...you might need an MRI scan also.