Deviated Nasal Septum
Hi, I have actually been having breathing issues for many years. It was because of Deviated Nasal Septum and Swollen Turbinates. I recently got a CT scan done. The doctor told me to get Septaplasty done. But we delayed because of the Covid Situation. However, a few Doctors are saying don't go for Surgery. I'm really confused and the breathing issue is troubling me and I can't sleep at night. Also, I got a Lung Function Test done and the Pulmonologist told me I have Mild Asthma Allergy. He has advised Telekast L tabs and a few sprays. Is it safe to use? Please advise. Thanks

Swollen turbinate part may improve with medication . Even the lung condition will improve with medicine. Dns can be corrected by surgery only. So if u feel relieved with allergy and asthma medicine then u can avoid surgery but u still feel nasal obstruction then surgery will be required along with the medicines.
consultan ENT SURGEON
the medicines u mentioned are absolutely safe under dr's guidance

According to your statement, there are two issues. One is the deviated septum. Second is hypertrophied turbinates. Both these factors taken in combination, or lung problems is causing your breathing issue. Septal bony deformity can only be corrected by surgery. Soft tissue can be dealt with my medication to a certain extent, and can also be addressed by surgery. If breathing difficulty is due to lung problems, then non-surgical treatment is necessary.
By all means, take the medication prescribed by your doctor. See how much relief it gives you, and for how long. Then decide for surgery
If you have obstruction because of allergy then these medicines should help. Septoplasty may not be required then.
Online consultation for detailed history and treatment
If you are diagnosed with allergy then it is advisable to use nasal spray and tablets as told
Consult online with reports
Avoid dust