Deviated nasal septum

I have slight deviated nasal septum from childhood.  Frequent cold, runny nose, watery eyes are associated. For past few years I have developed difficulty in breathing due to phlegm accumulation in chest. I take ventidox m tablet for that. I feel deviated septum is all the root cause. Please suggest me what can be done

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

deviated nasal septum is not a uncommon entity and most of us will have some kind of deviated septum and infact straight septums are exceptions. your history is very much suggestive of allergic rhinitis with allergic Lower airway disease. allergy has no correlation with deviated septum and correction septal deviation is unlikely give you any benefits since you are responding to ventidox M you can continue with same medicines or add steroid nasal spray /inhaler depending on the severity of the condition also try doing physical exercises, breathing exercises, yoga which can sometimes help to overcome symotoms
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore
You need to get a CT-scan done of your nose & paranasal sinuses. This will reveal whether the nasal septal deviation is the significant cause of your problems or whether there are other factors also present which are contributing to your suffering. Drop into my clinic for a detailed ENT examination so that we can solve this issue once & for all.