Depression to my wife

Hi my wife is 26 we have 1 year baby she has suffered from TB n while having that treatment she got depression prblm consulted doctor n had 3 months Depression course doctor just gave tablets later discontinued that as she was using other tablets to dosage was heavy n now she has already completed 9 months of Tb course and the course has completed but again she is getting depression problem I think she getting panic in evening times n some time she is getting feelings to commit suicide she n baby stays alone till iam back from work kindly suggest who's the right doctor to consult what is her problem

Doctor Answers (4) on Depression to my wife

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
There is some amount I'll feeling in her which is not understood by anyone around her.
She requires counselling whee she can share and discuss her emotions and problems and help her to come out of it.
Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
Just like TB... depression also needs full course of treatment that may continue for an year or sometimes more. Modern meds are safe . Even anti TB drugs are known to cause depressive symptoms.  Please restart the treatment of depression. You can request your psychiatrist for minimum medication.
Megha Sarin Delhi | Clinical Psychologist
As reported by you if she was diagnosed with depression by a doctor then first of all search and find a good Psychiatrist around you. Alongwith this she would also need regular Psychotherapy sessions by a Clinical Psychologist so as to work on her negative thoughts and increase her stress coping capacity. At home you need to take care of her routine , encourage her to follow a routine and keep busy despite feeling low on energy and lethargic. Secondly your support is a must, spend some quality time with her but try to avoid discussin her symptoms all the time instead try distracting her and bring her focus on the positive things around her.
Let me know if you need any further help. I will inform you if I get to know about a good psychologist around your area.
From the contents of your letter, it is quite clear that your wife is suffering from depression which could be severe. She requires urgent treatment. You must see a psychiatrist in person. Please go through the list of psychiatrists in Practo, select the one you feel you will be comfortable with, and book an appointment. Practo will give you the details and contact number of the doctor you wish to consult, and you can then proceed to meet him. Meanwhile please do not leave your wife all alone for atleast a month. Try to arrange some female companion such as a relative or Ayah to give her company.