Depression, anxiety, mental breakdowns
Over the past year or more, I have been having these terrible breakdowns where I feel helpless and I can't stop crying for hours. It used to happen once or twice a month initially during my PMS, went up to four times a month and is currently almost every 3rd day. I can't understand the cause of this and this constant feeling of helplessness and hopelessness is driving me to suicidal thoughts. I want to understand what's happening to me and take a step to be better. What is the right way to go about it?

Loss of interest, decreased concentration and attention, feeling low and disturbed sleep or appetite are some of the signs of depression. Consult a psychiatrist who will assess you in detail. If you are feeling suicidal or hopeless, seek professional help immediately.