Dental problem

I have attached X Ray of my tooth ( tooth on the right side in the image ).Could you please advice whether I should go for root canal or extraction.If I go for root canal what are the chances that it will be successful like for how long it will hold.

Doctor Answers (12) on Dental problem

Dr Shruti Agarwal Kolkata | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Yes the tooth is salvagable with RCT and crown  but a clinical examination  is mandatory
X-ray indicate that the Tooth can be saved by proper Root canal followed by ceramic crown.
Dr. Ankit Jain Delhi | Dentist
Dear Practo User, As per the X Ray you provided it is highly advisable that you go for Root Canal Treatment. Saving a natural tooth is always better. Regards Dr Ankit Jain Arham Dental Delhi
As per he X ray, you should go for RCT and crown on that particular tooth. As the tooth has good bone support it will stay for long. Regards, Dr Vishal Jain Vitaldent Faridabad
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Your x-ray suggests that you will require root canal treatment to save the tooth.... it will be highly advised not to go for extraction so that the functional life of a natural tooth can be maintained for a very long time.... Regards.....
Hi..based in x ray you need root canal treatment. Regards
Hello...x ray suggests for Root canal treatment rather than extraction.kindly visit endodontist for treatment.
XRAY IS NOT SO CLEAR. EVEN THOUGH IT SHOWS CARIOUS LESION WHICH HAS TO BE CORELEATED WITH CLINICAL SYMPTOMS. IF THEY ARE SUGGESTIVE OF IRREVERSIBLE PULPITIS YOU WILL HAVE TO GO FOR RCT. DONT GO FOR EXTRACTION AT ALL. GOOD RCT TREATED TOOTH LAST ENOUGH LONG ENOUGH TO DO THE PROCEDURE.
Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
We have been doing root canals for 30 long years now and believe me with modern techniques and Diode lasers the prognosis is very successful.  According to one study root canals done properly have a success rate of 99 percent and if u extract and do an implant then the success rate is 95 percent...  So don't worry.  The dentist should use best equipment and expertise to do a proper job..  All the best..  Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre anytime. God bless u always.  I have done root canals 30 years back and most of them are still doing very very well.  God bless.
Dr. Shail Jaggi Pune | Dentist
I would definitely advise a root canal for this tooth. Thank you for attaching the x ray. The anatomy of the root is definitely complex. The root canal can last as long as a natural tooth if done to perfection
My recommendation for successful treatment would be to pick an Endodontist  (root canal specialist.) They are trained to do such complex cases. Also preferably a microendodontist working with a dental microscope..
Please feel free to make an appointment and come in for a consultation so we can help you with the details of your treatment.
Thanks Dr. Jaggi( Microendodontist)
Dr. Parul Panchasara Pune | Dental Surgeon
Looking at the xray it seems that one of the root is getting shorter. Yes; definetly root canal treatment required; but you need to find a specialist ( endosontist) or experience dentist as this will require different aproach doing the treatment with special material and skills to be used to stop shortening of the root. If done properly the treatment will be successful.  It's always the best to save natural tooth then getting it removed and replaced with artificial. Hope this helps.
You should definetly go for root canal treatment.... extraction of such healthy tooth is big NO NO....
I will advice you to go for RCT only....
Best wishes....