Dental problem

I have a very serious pain in my upper left back teeth. It's most of part is decayed. My doctor has recommended me RCT irt 26. I want to ask whether RCT will cause a lot of pain to me and how much time does this treatment take and what is cost of such treatment

Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 16 yrs exp Bagalkot

Hello..The treatment is done under local anesthesia which causes numbness by which intensity of pain is reduced.It requires approximately 3sittings for rct followed by cap or single single sitting rct can be done provided infection is not severe which is decided by clinical and radiographic examination.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Rohtak

The treatment is done under local anaesthesia and is absolutely painless.... please do not delay the treatment because of the fear of pain as this delay can cause an irreversible damage to the tooth structure and the tooth might even become non-restorable..... the cost of the treatment varies from dentist to dentist depending upon the location, experience and the technique used for root canal treatment..... single sitting RCT is slightly costlier than multiple setting procedures..... the operating dentist will be able to guide you better about the treatment options available in your case.... Regards.....
Dr. Rujit Desai
Dentist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

If you dont go for root canal for fear of pain. Be alarmed not going for root canal will be more painful than the treatment itself. Root canal now a days is not that painful with latest equipment. Normal Root canal takes 3 sittings. There is also a single sitting root canal in which entire procedure is completed in one sitting. The Cost varies from Rs 1800 to 3500 per tooth
Dr. Kunal R Shah
Orthodontist 10 yrs exp Nashik

Hi, Root canal is not at all painful procedure. And it usually requires 1-2 sittings though depending on condition present. Cost varies from Rs 3500-5500. Thank you
Dr. Parul Panchasara
Dental Surgeon 12 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Rootcanal treatment is painless due to latest techniques and medications available. Depending on the infection there could be 2-3 sittings as purpose of the treatment is removing infection at the bottom of the roots. So if not given enough time for that infection to heal with different medicaments, chances of reinfection increases. Your dentist is the best judge to decide that. Get it done to save your tooth. It's the most conservative option. Tc
Dr. Mohita Sawhney
Dentist 7 yrs exp Agra
Dont worry rct is not a painful procedure, it is done under local anesthesia. Procedure will take approx 45 minutes and 1-2 sittings. Cost will depend on your location and qualification. I would recommend you to get it done by root canal specialist in your area