Dark groin,knee & armpits

Hi I'm 25 year old female with Wheatish complexion. I have atleast five shades darker Elbows, knees, armpits, groin and butt area. This is embarrassing I wonder why these areas which are least exposed are the darkest Little bit of research helped me understand that the reasons may be melanin content , weight gain, tight clothes and diabetes I am avoiding tight clothes, I am trying to lose weight as well. I am in the verge of initial stages of pre diabetes also on which I'm working. Please suggest me to ways to solve the issue and achieve an even toned skin all over . Thankyou in advance

Doctor Answers (2) on Dark groin,knee & armpits

Dr. Sandeep Gupta
13 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Dermatologist

INR 300 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
It maybe due to acanthosis nigricans a condition of hormonal imbalance causing hyperinsulinemia and pigmentation Eat healthy Stop fast food cold drinks Take lots of vegetables and fruit Do regular exercise
Dr. Jolly Shah Kapadia
17 yrs. of exp | Mumbai | Dermatologist

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hi! Either the pigmentation  could be due to  overweight or nutritional deficiency. Rectify that as well. There are good procedures available to remove the pigmentation, you can visit our clinic for that.