Cyst in Knee
There is a cyst at the back area of the right knee. Its there from the last >1year. It has started giving my husband a lot of unbearable pain. He is currently taking ceramint medicine as suggested by a doctor. He took physiotherapy but it did not help him much. Currently he is not advised to put any strain on his knee like riding bikes, playing, walking too much etc. Please suggest a permanent solution for this.

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

ice packs ultrasonic therapy
Dr. Varun Aggarwal
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Panchkula

Diagnosis is of prime importance before we commit anything. I am sure you too agree. Cysts are best differentiated on basis of MRI. Contrast or no contrast , you can leave for the radiologist to decide.
Pankaj Agrawal
Joint Replacement Surgeon 15 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Dear friend. Non healing popliteal cysts are amenable to complete cure by arthroscopy.but there are some chances of recurrences. Pl meet any good knee reconstruction surgeon in your area.regards dr pankaj agrawal shoulder knee and sports surgeon Ahmedabad
Dr. Vandana Chauhan (PT)
Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Noida

if after physiotherapy and medicines there is no relief of pain, its good to consult an orthopedic surgeon , you may need to get it aspirated or operated.
Dr. Deepak Tamrakar (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Raipur

Doing physiotherapy, gives relief in pain, not subsiding cyst. Its better to consult orthopaedic surgen weather it is in need of operating or not.

Hello there. I can understand your concern.  I hope he is not in too much pain. I would suggest you get it looked by a general surgeon or a orthopedician.  We need to see to say what kind of cyst it is. Only after examining we would be able to know what it is and what needs to be done about it. Best regards.  Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore