Chronic urticaria

I am facing from chronic urticaria (as per drs) when a Dr. gave me a injection in the vein, after some time my body getting red spot overall. This is happening till now I have taken consultation by no. S of Dr. They give me like avil cetrizine or more but not relief. Continues taken of these tablets bp also getting high now a days. What can I do for this. please Dr. tell me.
views-icons 89 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Chronic urticaria

doctor profile image
Dr. Manoj Agarwala
11 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Dermatologist

INR 250 for 24 hrs

​​Thanks for the query. ​​Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. These conditions have a strong​ r​​elation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Your dermato​​logist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period,its advisable to wean the treatment. Now a days modern treatment options also exists which requires once a month treatment. Hope it helps.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?