Can i take multivitamins?
I've hyperthyroidism, can I take multivitamins? If your answer is yes, so kindly u tell me how many tablets I take in a day and when? And if you suggest me which multivitamin is good for me I feel so glad. THANK YOU Dear Doctor :)

Dr. Swapan Banerjee (PhD)
Dietitian/Nutritionist 22 yrs exp Kolkata

Hi thanks for your query. First thing multivitamins tablets are given to whom are required as per physical need by a doctor. It is to check whether u need it or not. Sometime because of weakness .post ill ness or fatigue, tiredness it is needed as per disorders. It is not such harmful but under doc.guidance. As a Dietitian I recommend u to get good foods,vegetables, fruits where u can get all multivitamins. Avoid salted & high salt sources foods. Avoid seafoods.