Broken Ankle bone
The doctor says the fibola or bone to the ankle from shin is broken and suggested a surgery Does it heal if we don't go for a surgery Or a surgery is necessary.

Surgery is the last option but yes it has very good outcome and recovery will be faster. POP cast plastering will take some time and it is weight bearing joint so POP is not usually advised as it takes longer time to heal. Depending on your physical Activities and need you devide
Consult with your Orthopaedic surgeon and discuss for pros and cons for both the option. If required get in touch us for second openion as we have good team.
As I have already told you depending on your need and your activity choose anyone.

I would recommend surgery for speedy recovery.
Apply pop if after pop you doesn't feel better then go for surgery
As per your x ray image it's not displaced fracture.  U can try POP for 6months non weight bearing, surgery is required to keep the fractured site in anatomicall position. So if required you have to go surgery u can walk within 3 months. Thank you DR.ANDREW JAYASINGH senior sports physiotherapist porur chennai AJS clinic
Andrewphysiotherapist its my YouTube channel. kindly subscribe and like share my YouTube channel videos it may b helpfull for u sir DR.ANDREW senior sports physiotherapist porur chennai AJS clinic
call me for free consultation
Go for Surgery for better outcome
Surgery Will Save Your Time. POP Takes More Time in Full Recovery. Physiotherapy Rehabilitation is Most Important After Surgery or POP for Full Recovery.