Braces doubts!

I feel like the root of my teeth is hurting.. Is this common while wearing braces? Also does drinking cola or soda bad for my braces? And how will I know how my braces are broken and how do they break!? :-P

Doctor Answers (2) on Braces doubts!

Hello Dear, It is quite common that while braces treatment, roots of tooth hurt. This is because tooth moves while this treatment and it creates pressure on the root. Braces break because of excessive pressure directly on braces, avoid eating something hard like candies, nuts etc. Visit your orthodontist as early as your bracket breaks. Regards, Dr Vishal Jain Vitaldent India Faridabad
Its better to avoid cola and soda whike wearing braces as these can increase the chance of getting teeth decays.The pain u feel at the root is normal during the initial days of wearing braces. It will beco e alright in a few days.