Braces after extraction
Recently, I got my front right tooth removed after an accident. When I consulted a dentist, she advised me to go for braces first and then implant, as after implant braces become difficult. Is it safe that way? Will the bones of my gum sustain the impact of the braces and remain intact, for implant? If not, what other possibilities are there? P.S- I have a well protruded jawline and I had already used braces with no effect.

Dr. Puja Bansal
Dentist 18 yrs exp Pune

hello, yes, ideally you should go for braces before getting implants. after the braces treatment, there is a certain amount of bone loss. this bone loss can be treated by going for bone grafts. so consult the dentist and go in for the treatment for the replacemnt of the missing teeth.
Dr. Harish B Nagesh
Orthodontist 17 yrs exp Bangalore

First make yourself clear what you want.do you want replacement of list teeth or correct your profile.id its only the earlier just replace with a bridge or an implant.if its both then you will need replacement and orthodontic treatment.
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, If you have a bony protrution,then only braces treatment may not help.you may need an orthognathic surgery(a combination of surgical and orthodontic approach)to correct the bony protrution.You need to get CBCT,OPG and Lateral Cephalogram x-rays to evaluate and plan how much space will be required to place the implant and the crown.Regards,Dr Suman makam,Dental arts,Jayanagar,Bangalore.
Dr. Shamaz Mohamed
Dental Surgeon 13 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi, first of all we need to know the exact diagnosis and what other conditions you suffer. The data provided  is very superficial and does not indicate your chief complaint. There seems to be multiple complaints /problems., Hence kindly provide more details. Also orthodontic treatment can be completed before or after implant also...but need to know your exact condition before commenting
kindly do visit my clinic or provide all clinical data available with u for further advise
Dr. Bala Vignesh
Dentist 5 yrs exp Chennai
Hello, Looking at ur problem.. I would advice u to decide what u actually want... if u want ur Orthodontic treatment done then implant can wait... once implants places Ortho treatment cannot be done in MOST of the cases.. if the doctor has removed a molar tooth then going for implants first itself is best option ..
Dr. Dinesh B Rathod
Dentist 9 yrs exp Navi Mumbai
When does teeth removed ? we can place implant after evaluation(Clinical &  CBCT) before or during orthodontic treatment. . . Probably there might be less space for implant to be placed, thus advised you orthodontic treatment to gain space. Need clinical examination for definite treatment.