Blood sugar
Hello Recently my father's blood sugar came as 160 fasting.. 210 non fasting..what all steps should we take to stop rising sugar?? Do we neeed to start medication as well?? Please help.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Two things you need to do first. 1. Get a few more tests like HbA1C , RFT, fasting lipid profile done. 2. Make some diet changes. Avoid oily and spicy foods. Have smaller meals like instead of three full meals, have 5 smaller meals. Reduce your salt intake and also reduce consumption of foods with a high glycemic index like rice and coconut . After you get the reports, Consult a consultant physician in person in regards to this with all the reports and then he will prescribe which you need to take everyday as per your doctor's advice. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar jain.
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Physician 12 yrs exp Delhi

First of all get few tests done to confirm the disease and also the severity. Get HBA1C Lipid Profile KFT Insulin Fasting Further, he will need a big change in lifestyle, decrease in simple sugars and strict dietary measures. get in touch with me after the reports