Blood sugar fasting

I am 40 year old. I did my blood sugar test last week. The fasting was 124 and pp was 97. I am wondering why fasting is high. I am not taking any diabetes medicine. I ran for 40 min just before i did this check for fasting sugar to the extent that i was sweating when i reached the lab. Does it have an impact on sugar reading ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Blood sugar fasting

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, I understand your fear. This happens sometimes this happens. Do not worry about it. Just keep going. Either ways your blood sugar levels are under control. But what you is to go check your blood sugar levels. They will be normal for sure. You actually need to do is you should not take even tea or coffee if you want to fbs and after giving the sample you need to have breakfast and wait for 2 hours and give another Sample. This would give correct values of your blood sugar. Thank you