Bells palsy

Today I had 13th physio session for bells palsy. I'm done with steroid and antibiotics course. My nerves were responding to galvanic but yesterday on my face, little right to forehead, the nerve didn't respond. Physio applied faradic current and it responded then. Today even though it responded for galvanic, she again applied faradic current on the face. I heard faradic results in secondary contracture when applied on face. when faradic is applied on the side of the neck (trunk) i can hardly sense the stimulation. I have very little cheek movements and little on forehead. How much time it usually takes for recovery? Should I worry about the faradic current applying to facial muscles?

Doctor Answers (3) on Bells palsy

Dr. Ravi Shankar Pandey. Lucknow | Physiotherapist
Hello,people have there own senstivity, and there is nothing to worry about the treatment going on. Motor points are triggered to stimulate the nerve. So depending on ur present status of recovery, u will get recovery within 15days or so. But follow up of exercises and taping also plays a crutial role in fast receovey. Ask your physio to provide the same. Regards #synergycliniclko @pandeysravi
Dr. D Giridhar Balaji., PT Hyderabad | Clinical Physiotherapist
There is no point of getting disheartened at this stage if some response is there means its into recovery and you may get rid of it soon... you should continue to put your efforts towards improving facial expressions i.e, excs...
Dr. Hithysh BM Bangalore | General Physician
Hello don't worry about faradic currents it may take several weeks to months to recover it's better you are treated even with antiviral drugs consult physician for further evaluation and treatment along with physiotherapist for further facial muscle exercises I hope this helps to solve your problem.