Bad breathing

I have bad breathing problem through I clean my teeth properly twice a day. Please advice me something that can solve my problem. Thanks

Doctor Answers (3) on Bad breathing

Bad breath has many reasons as told to you by fellow doctors. Make sure that your oral hygiene is upto the mark(kindly let a qualified dentist be a judge of that) and there is no stomach or ear/ nose infection. Also make sure that your water intake is good. Dry mouth can lead to bad breath. Sip water every half an hour. Hope it helps. I ll be happy to answer any more queries you have.
Dr. Rohan Virani Mumbai | Implantologist
If you feel that your oral health is good then it is best to rule of nose/ throat infections which can also cause bad breath. Meet a good ENT Doctor. Meanwhile use trigaurd mouthwash 3 times a day which can help you to some extent.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Halitosis(bad breath) can be an important social problem in which the standard dental treatments and mouthwashes that are often recommended provide only temporary relief. Oral malodor is primarily the result of microbial metabolism. The mouth is home to hundreds of bacterial species with various nutritional preferences. These organisms digest proteins, and several fetid substances arise, leading to bad breath. Oral malodor from the overgrowth of proteolytic, anaerobic gram-negative bacteria on the crevices of the tongue dorsum can be successfully diagnosed and treated.to reduce bad breath, help avoid cavities and lower your risk of gum disease, consistently practice good oral hygiene. Further treatment for bad breath can vary, depending on the cause. If your bad breath is thought to be caused by an underlying health condition,as we can't prescribe medication online as per law consult dentist or physician they will help you