Anxiety and stomach pain

I have been suffering from a pain in d right side of abdomen near the liver area from 6 months. The pain increases after i eat and i could not sit for more time because that part becomes numb n i feel like it is getting twisted up inside. I undergone Endoscopy, 2d echo, ultrasound for abdomen but all are negative and my doctor advised me to go for CT SCAN abdomen. What is the reason for this...also i took nexito plus tablets for 2 months because of anxiety and depression and i stopped them abruptly last week. But from 3 days i have been experiencing increased anxiety, pain in d chest and hissing sound in my ears. Are these withdrawl symptoms of nexito plus? N what is d reason for my pain in d abdomen?.. Also note that i used to smoke and drink regularly but i stopped them 7 months back abruptly.
views-icons 121 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Anxiety and stomach pain

Dr. Naresh Vadlamani Hyderabad | Addiction Psychiatrist
You weigh 66kg and ht. is 160cm. So your BMI is more than 25. That's obese for Indian standards and short stature. So if you could also have distended abdomen, it could be because of your past alcohol or eating habits. Yes your pain could be because of Irregular colic due to post eating digestive processes or even adhesions. It could also be neurological/ autonomic bowel movements. Yes your liver could also be one of the reasons. So go back to the gastroenterologist/hepatologist and Complete his evaluation process including CT abdomen and necessary blood tests. Once he rules out any known causes, then come back and consult a psychiatrist.
I think you are asking the same question again and again. I think it is your anxiety that is increasing and you should never stop any medicine abruptly without consulting your doctor. So kindly go back to your psychiatrist and consult he will resolve your issue.