Ankle sprain

I twisted my ankle while landing on the platform at an awkward angle. Have been soinv the RICE therapy fr two days now. Pls advice wht go do next.

Doctor Answers (4) on Ankle sprain

Please consult an orthopaedician
If bony injury is ruled out you can visit a sports physiotherapist to accelerate the healing with help of electro therapy.... Besides continue RICE... for compression get an ankle binder instead of crepe bandage, it would provide additional support while you do your activities.
Thanks for asking me to respond. Rice needs to continue. A simple ankle sprain will take 3 weeks to heal completely. If bearing weight on the leg is still painful then you need to visit the nearest ortho surgeon who can examine the ankle and order xrays to rule out bony injuries. Pain meds will help keep the pain under control. Ideally wearing a boot can help rest the ankle and help you move around as well.
Rest Limb elevation If swelling not reduced, consult an ortho and get xray and start anti inflammatory tablets Of course RICE needs to he continued