Ankle sprain

I am suffering from left ankle sparin from last two month. I have taken the treatment from dr and physiotherapy as well, but still 10-20% sweeling is remaning. No such pain in the ankle but it feels when walk without sports shoes or with sports shoes for a long time and if drive the car for long time. In the morning when i get up from the bed, sweeling feel around 4-5% only then it increase when i start walking. No hair line fracture found in the x-ray. Please suggest me what should i do. Qyery: 1. Can i start ankle strengthening excercise? 2. Is still i need to use ice bag/hot water treatment? Regards, Ankur

Doctor Answers (1) on Ankle sprain

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Well I understand your query...well about using of got or cold fomentations can continue that if you have pain.
.if the pain is lingering please do physiotherapy exercises as advised as it will help you...thank you