Ankle pain

Hi sir,
I fell from steps & my ankle got twisted..I met orthopedician & he confirmed that it's soft tissue ligment rupture..he gave Ca tablets & ankle strap & suggested to use light weight sports shoe...I ve been using from 4 months but there s no improvement ..so suggest me a medication that ll cure this problem..tq 

Doctor Answers (2) on Ankle pain

Dr. Sharat Honnatti Bangalore | Consultant Physician
Hi, hope you are not in much pain.
Ligament injury by nature itself will take long time to heal, its worthwhile to meet your Orthopedician again to reassess the status of  injury.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah Chennai | Orthopedic Surgeon
Thanks for asking me to respond.

If pain is persisting you may need more immobilization than just an ankle strapping. A boot will rest your ankle better and not prevent you from walking as well. You can obtain one by prescription from your local ortho surgeon.

You need pain meds if you have pain. I am not permitted by Practo to practice medicines, so you will have to obtain them from the local doctor as well.

If pain persists beyond 4 to 6 weeks of would be better to obtain MRI of the ankle to ascertain the exact make of injury to the ligaments of any other structures.

Good luck!