Anger management

I get angry very soon .even on very minor issues i get irritated soon . how should i manage my anger
views-icons 126 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks Bookmark this Answer

Ms. Sneha Bhat
Counselling Psychologist 3 yrs exp Bangalore
Hey, Every emotion that we experience has a reason behind it. If you notice the things for which you get angry or irritated, you would be surprised to see how it tends to be either towards similar situations or on same people. You can manage your anger and quieten it with few techniques however that would not help you use your strong emotions effectively. To reduce your anger & irritation in a productive way, you need to follow following steps. 1. Notice yourself whenever you get angry and note down the incident which triggered it, person who triggered it, your immediate reaction, the flow of thoughts in your head after the incident & the sort of emotions experienced after a while. 2. Keep this anger journal meticulously for 15 days. 3. On 16th day read everything which you have written & note down the sort of incidents which trigger your adverse emotions. Also check which persons have been your target mostly. 4. Sit with few of those people and share with them the sort of emotions you felt after expressing anger and also find out the way they felt. In a month you would notice yourself to be having greater mastery over your emotions. Remember that emotions whether positive or negative help you master your life better if understood & channelled. Take Care.