Anger & anxiety

I have been suffering from uncontrollable fits of anger during which i do not remember the events and my actions. I get violent and unreasonable during these periods and i suffer from a constant sense of anxiety, lethargy and feel down all the time. I feel as if I am all alone and i have been giving a lot of trouble to my family and loved ones. After the episode i feel guilt and helplessness. I cannot address this issue anymore.
views-icons 87 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Udayan Bhaumik
Psychiatrist 2 yrs exp Udupi

Seems like agitated depression as Sir has rightly pointed out..
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

How long you have been undergoing these episodes?  Are u able to introspect after you get over.  ?? If you have got the answer what is stopping you to implement it? If you feel you don't know why  . then may be you can consult a Psychologist in your city and better handle your anger with good suggestions  and live peacefully.
Dr. Era S. Dutta
Addiction Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Kolkata
Certainly seems an issue that should be addressed immediately. Often anger is a an expression of low mood, where you feel frustrated that no one else understands you. Anxiety is adding to the situation. Such cases show positive response with small dose of medication for a few days and therapy (CBT) in the long run. See an experienced psychiatrist whenever you are ready to take charge of this situation.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, By asking this question here on this platform, you have taken the first step of helping yourself. The problems that you have mentioned here suggest a need for comprehensive mental health assessment. Such symptoms could be part of Depression, Stress and anxiety disorder, adjustment disorder, or part of medical disorder like thyroid, anemia etc. My strong suggestion for you is to seek a consultation with a psychiatrist near you for comprehensive assessment. The doctor is likely to take a detailed account of your problems, interview you and your significant family/friends, conduct some blood investigation and thereafter a management plan will be formulated in collaboration with you. Hope this helps you. Best wishes for health and future.
please seek face to face consultation with a psychiatrist near you for assessment and advice.
since you have taken the first step of seeking help, I will strongly urge you to not delay the consultation.
Dr. Mohit Shah
Psychiatrist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
This are symptoms of agitated depression, please consult a psychiatrist