Aches in Knees, back, toe
Hi Doctor, My mother have reguler problem of pain in majorly in Knees, back, but sometimes this pain goes in wrist & elbow. She have problem of GAS too. Pls suggest me what to do to know what actually the real problem so that we can start cure or treatment for the same, my fear is that my mom sometimes took pain killers in past so it can be problem.

Dr. Raviraj Francis (PT)
Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello there... you should definately go in for blood test first to find out heamoglobin Calcium,vit d3,B12,HLA b27(RA factor)....also at this age a routine screening of Thyroid should be done along with xrays for knee & wrist Pain killers & conventional physiotherapy would give symptomatic & temporary relief....the actual reason for joint pains should be found out first. Regards & take care.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Advice... Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold). Back Pain. Extension exercises x 15 times x twice daily. Bhujang asana. Core strengthening exercises. Back stretching stretch. Do the cat/cow avoid bending in front. Postural correction- sit tall, walk tall. Apply hot fomentation.
Dr. Naveen Babu (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 3 yrs exp Hyderabad

Question is little confusing but I can advise u better meet endocrinologist to check hormonal influences on joints as it's near to post menopause situation......knees is due to muscle weakness nd rest of the joints may be due to RSI
Dr. Sonia Talreja Dhawan PT
Clinical Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Delhi
Hello.... She seems to have multiple joint pain.... Which could be because of many reasons ranging from rheumatoid arthritis to osteoarthritis to high urea content..... Proper evaluation is necessary before something is suggested.... Please visit an orthopaedic consultant for further clinical evaluation....