A.D.D. vs. Depression

I was a brilliant student till 9th standard , when my father used to teach me but as i went to other city in 10th standard ,i suddenly became boring or distracted from my study , my tutor used to teach me that tym but i used to be in other thoughts (not any specific thoughts ) , i found my self not present at his class , then i just got 80% in 10th , then 11th it became worse and started feeling unwilling to study , cant sit for long in a class , became tired,fatigue, excessive masturbating & in 11 th and 12 th i got only 60% from cheating and some study , i felt less intelligent student got higher marks than me I dont know what was that ? Depression or A.D.D. but i was not hyperactive I used to day dream a lot , my attendance used to be only 40% In my b.tech i got 50% ( the symptoms became worse as i started smoking ) Some of u will say it was puberty then depression , & some A d d Some will say comorbid of both One thing i should add that i only study in do or die situation

Doctor Answers (3) on A.D.D. vs. Depression

Ms. Raisa Luther Hyderabad | Psychologist
Hi, I can understand you must be quite stressed. 1. Consult psychiatrist. 2. He/she may guide you to a counsellor for long term resolution of the issue. 3. Keep it mind this appears to be more than one issue. 4. Try to improve your support system by confiding in parents, consulting counsellors. Best of luck :)
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
When you know that it is do or die situation what is stopping you from doing it??? when less intelligent students got through B.Tech with their effort what you could have got with your intelligence and some more effort???
If you are not able to get clarity do consult a Psychologist and do the best possible by you for your own life .
Dr. Dinesh Chennai | Clinical Psychologist
Did any doctor made a diagnosis ??? Any time r only from Internet u r finding all these????
immediately consult a psychologist r psychologist. Before concluding anything.
Don't medicate on your own.