Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What is sinusitis?
Sinusitis is a condition in which the sinuses or the cavities around the nasal passage become inflamed.
2. What are the causes of sinusitis?
Sinusitis is caused due to:
• Allergic rhinitis (swelling in the lining of the nose)
• A deviated septum (shift in the nasal cavity)
• Common cold
• Nasal polyps (small outgrowths in the lining of the nose)
3. What are the ways to avoid sinusitis?
Following tips can help avoid sinus infections:
• Washing hands frequently
• Avoiding nasal irritants like smoke and pollution
• Irrigating the sinuses with a saline sinus wash on a regular basis
• Keeping the nose moist using nasal saline sprays
• Managing allergies effectively
4. Is surgery required to cure sinusitis?
Most people with chronic sinus infections do not need surgery. Typically, lifestyle changes and medical treatment are enough to control the symptoms. Your doctor will decide the need of surgery based on your condition.
5. Is sinusitis a chronic condition?
Sinusitis can be a chronic condition when it lasts for three months or more, even after undergoing treatment.