Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. Praful Rawate

Dr. Praful Rawate

Dr. Praful Rawate

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics, M.Ch - Orthopaedics



Spine And Pain Specialist


Joint Replacement Surgeon


9 Years Experience Overall  (9 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

86% (28 votes)

Dr. Praful Rawate is a Orthopedist,Spine And Pain Specialist and Joint Replacement Surgeon and has an experience of 9 years in these fields. He completed MBBS from Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in 2007,MS - Orthopaedics from Maharashtra University of Health Sciences in 2011 and M.Ch - Orthopaedics from University of Seychelles in 2017. He is a member of Indian Medical Association (IMA) and Maharastra Medical Council. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Knee Arthroplasty,Spinal Disorders,Arthritis Management,Elbow Replacement and Joint Dislocation Treatment etc.

No clinic is associated with this doctor.
If you are looking to book an appointment, find Orthopedist near you who are available right now.
Find Orthopedist

Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.


MBBS - Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, 2007
MS - Orthopaedics - Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, 2011
M.Ch - Orthopaedics - University of Seychelles, 2017


Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Maharastra Medical Council


2017 - Present Consultant at LifepiLifepoint Multispeciality Hospital
2016 - 2020 Consultant at Oyster and pearl Leela


2008051842 Maharashtra Medical Council, 2008
Report an Error