Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. Nilesh Jagtap

Dr. Nilesh Jagtap

Dr. Nilesh Jagtap

MBBS, Diploma in Orthopaedics, FCPS - Orthopedic


15 Years Experience Overall  (15 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Nilesh Jagtap is an Orthopedic Surgeon in Royal Hospital, Katraj.

Katraj, Pune

Royal Hospital

`Anupam Arcade', Pune-Satara Road, Landmark: Opposite to Katraj Junction Hotel, Pune

Get Directions

+ 3

Mon - Sat

06:30 - 08:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



MBBS - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1996
Diploma in Orthopaedics - RUBY HALL CLINIC, PUNE, 2001
FCPS - Orthopedic - Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Hospital, Mumbai, 2004


Maharastra Medical Council


2005 - 2015 Primary Doctor at Royal Hospital


83377 Maharashtra Medical Council, 1997

Trainings and Certifications

Fellowship in Knee and Hip Arthroscopy - Toronto, canda, 2006
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Royal Hospital
Change Clinic
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.