Wt gain after 2nd preg

I have gained 20 KGS after my second child and I am a working mother who needs to travels a lot. No time for gym but i control diet. Nothing has helped me loose wt. Please help. Age 30 wt is 84
views-icons 11 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Wt gain after 2nd preg

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,,it is pretty common to see weight gain after your pregnancy due to hormonal imbalance during pregnancy, most of the times it will get reduce after the pregnancy some times it doesn't . Here what you have do. No need for gym daily walking (brisk walk) for 20min morning and evening along with diet control is enough to help you to reduce weight.(if you are allowed) Certain guidelines that need to be considered for weight loss regarding diet are: 1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively. 2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods. 3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight. 4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet. 5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets. 6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables. Try to eat a total of 5 fruits and vegetables per day. And drink lemon juice with out suger daily.