Wrist is hurting

My wrist is hurting a lot after I started lifting weights in Gym. Is this a common problem for beginners or do I need to get this checked right away?

Doctor Answers (3) on Wrist is hurting

hi, wrist pain following lifting weights in an otherwise healthy joint can be due to ligaments sprain or the distal radioulnar joint issues, in addition there are other minor ailments of wrist which can be diagnosed after detailed examination please visit an orthopedist for further treatment
Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C Bangalore | Orthopedic Surgeon
Muscular pains and joint pains are common for beginners , try to slow, or alternate day workout to give rest to region for good recovery in spite of that pain persists consult orthopedic surgeon
Dr. Ajay Rao Bangalore | Orthopedist
Hi, you have not mentioned as to how long this problem is persisting . is it both your wrists. position when it hurts etc. It can hurt for a few days. if you have swelling and restricted movements, I think you would be better of seeing an Orthopaedic surgeon