Wrentched ankle.
Severe pain while putting pressure like while walking. Pain while moving ankle. Had applied heat process past 1 day and applied volini etc. Ques: 1) How much time will it take for recovery? 2) There is less visible swelling. Should I apply ice packs? I have already applied heat 2-3 times past 24 hours now. 3) Any medicine advisable?

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, I went through your query, Treatment for a sprained ankle depends on the severity of the injury. Although self-care measures and over-the-counter pain medications may be all you need, since you have swelling a medical evaluation is necessary to reveal how badly you've sprained your ankle, you may need to use crape bandage to support the ankle.