Wisdom tooth pain

I had carries and got a filling done ĺong back. due to severe pain I consulted a dentist this last Tuesday,  he suggested extraction of the wisdom tooth. I don't want extraction. He removed the filling, I want to redo the filling, pain is not that severe, no pain during night,maintaining good dental care. Pls advise.
views-icons 110 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Wisdom tooth pain

Hello, Your concerns regarding tooth removal is absolutely justified but you will have to weigh in the pros and cons of keeping an infected tissue in your mouth which has earlier caused pain. As far as refilling is concerned, any kind of conservative or restorative procedure is difficult in the wisdom tooth area as because this is the last tooth in the jaw almost near the throat. So obviously there is lack of space and very high risk accidental ingestion of debris/small instruments during procedure. Secondly for any conservative procedure to succeed, absolute isolation of the area (isolation from your saliva which can contaminate the tooth in procedure) is essential. We use a rubber film on the tooth for the same which however is very difficult to place on a wisdom tooth and almost impossible if the tooth is partially erupted. So I would suggest if your dentist has advised for an extraction he/she must have considered all the options and advised you according to your best interest. Keeping an infected tissue can always affect other healthy tissue. I hope I have answered your query to satisfaction
Regards
if it is infected then filling will not help you and it will increase your pain and rct of wisdom is not successful so best option for wisdom is get it removed it will not effect anything ,if u will wait it may increase the infection and pain,wisdom are extra teeth which don't play any role in chewing so its not going to effect your dentition .so best option for wisdoms get it removed.